posted ago by K3719er ago by K3719er +6 / -0

I know that in order for a state to be admitted to the union, there has to be a vote - is there a proccess for voting states OUT of the union? I mean, in theory, could the rest of the country literally tell commifornia to GTFO?

Comments (2)
sorted by:
You're viewing a single comment thread. View all comments, or full comment thread.
cicero21 2 points ago +2 / -0

not without a constitutional convention or convention of the states. arguably the 10th amendment would permit this, but unfortunately, the 10th amendment has never been given its intended meaning - if it had 90% of the fed government would not exist.